Were you the consummate bun crafter, 20 second fast changer, a skillful pancaker, or a pointe shoe whisperer? Were you the dancer who never forgot a combination and always knew the counts? Whether you stopped dancing 20 years ago-- or just yesterday, there are creative ways to continue to use your experience, in dance. These suggestions aren't for crafting a career (although it is possible with #7). These are simply great ideas for reconnecting with the dance community. Read along for 7 excellent ways to jump in!
...Because dance cannot be replaced by fitness classes. If you've ever danced, then you know that there is nothing quite like the feeling of it. No doubt classwork is anaerobic and doing it once a week will not put you back in performing shape, but it may put you back on the road to better health. Because you feel better when you dance.
With the Holiday season fast approaching, you've got make plans for the perfect gift for the person in your life with a passion for dance. Here are 10 great gifts that are fun, practical, and thoughtful for dancers and dance educators.
Ahhh yes... the days of summer are officially here! Here's what I've been up to in the past few months and what I'm looking forward to this summer:
- January 2016 Completed Rites of Harvest for the Pennsylvania Regional Ballet
- February 2016, Created Forgive and In His Image for the Messiah College Humanities Symposium
- March/April 2016 Choreographer for two Curtain Call photo shoots
- April 2016 Trio in 3 premiered at the Messiah College Culmination '16 Concert; Liberation: Movement & Light restaged for the ensemble.
- February- May Completed another semester teaching ballet and creating for the Messiah Dance Department ensemble, GiViM; In May, the Department celebrated its first graduating seniors!
June???? I can tell you that I've been enjoying time with my family, painting and updating our home, and working on a new dance-related project...I hope to reveal that news by the end of the summer!
I will be teaching for Pennsylvania Regional Ballet's Summer Intensive for the month of July. I will also be making lessons plans for the fall (a teacher's work is never done!!!) and looking ahead to next season's choreography.
I hope that you have a wonderful summer planned as well. Leave a comment and let me know what you'll be working on...